Catherine wheels, named after Saint Catherine of Alexandria, are fireworks which consist of either a powder-filled spiral tube or an angled rocket with a pin in its centre. When set alight, the force of the fireworks causes the wheel to rotate. The largest Catherine Wheel ever created was manufactured in Malta, measuring 32.044 metres and was lit on 18th June 2011 to celebrate “Our Lady of the Lilies”, an annual feast. Malta is home to traditions revolving around these wheels, being a popular fixture during each village “Festa”. Many communities hold competitions, where people create Catherine Wheels of various shapes and colours and the display is finalised by lighting the largest one (known as The Carpet).
To ensure your Catherine Wheels are always working efficiently, do not bang the nail in too tight and ensure that the pin is at a slight downward angle. If your wheel is pointing upwards, it will get stuck against your post. Catherine Wheels consist of a powder-filled tube with an extremely powerful rotating firework, which rotates at high speeds, emitting an abundance of sparks and flames. They are suitable for all size displays, including garden displays, due to all spectators being able to view the still-standing firework easily. Make sure to use a variety of fireworks when doing your display, so consider mixing your Catherine wheels with roman candles, firework cakes, firework mines or more.
We only sell the most reliable and best Catherine Wheels, supplied from reputable brands. Brands we recommend are Brightstar, Black Cat, Brothers Pyrotechnics and Tai Pan. All of our fireworks have been thoroughly tested to ensure the highest quality performance and, of course, optimum safety. We offer Catherine wheels for all budgets, starting from £4.49, ideal for small garden displays and new firework users.
Here at Fireworks Crazy, we take safety very seriously so we like to keep our customers informed on how you can enjoy our fireworks without any danger. Please visit our Firework Safety page for full information on safety procedures.
– You will receive your order the following working day from day of despatch (not including Saturday/Sunday). We endeavour to dispatch all orders placed before 12pm the same day although this is not always possible in our busy season, October – December. If you require your order by a certain date enter this in the “order notes” section on the next page. All dates are treated as the latest date for delivery NOT the date you would like delivery.
– This option is for those who would like us to hold on to their order and deliver it nearer to the date of their display. You should enter this date in the “order notes” section on the next page.
– Select this option if you would like to collect your order. Enter the date you would like to collect and AM/PM in the “order notes” section on the next page. Collection is not available on SATURDAY 2nd NOVEMBER 2019. You will be required to bring the card you used to pay with and photo ID before you can collect your order. THESE MUST MATCH.
– If you already have an order with us and would like to add to it before it is shipped, select this option then enter your existing order number in the “order notes” section on the next page.
– Enter the date you would like your order delivered in the “order notes” section on the next page. If this is blank your order will be delivered on the next Saturday after the day of ordering. PLEASE NOTE it is not possible to deliver orders on the Saturday either side of Bonfire Night, Christmas or New Year
– Your order will be delivered before midday the day after it has been dispatched (excluding Saturday / Sunday)
– Your order will be delivered before 10:30am the day after it has been dispatched (excluding Saturday / Sunday).